Welcome back and we look forward to seeing you in Austin. The Austin Convention Center Department (ACCD) continues to adhere to all City of Austin, Travis County, State of Texas, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations. Please expect the following the next time you visit our facility:
- Although ACCD recommends that you wear a mask during your visit to our facility, face coverings are optional for attendees, staff, and clients, and enforcement is now the responsibility of the client.
- June 2021 – The social distancing requirement is three feet
- July 2021 and beyond – No social distancing obligation
- Health screenings and temperature checks upon entry are not required but are available as optional services per client request
- The Austin Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities
- Frequent touchpoints such as escalator rails, door handles, and elevator buttons will continue to be disinfected and visitors may see additional attention to regular sanitation schedules to the bathrooms and equipment
- Employees have received training for proper procedures to utilize all sanitization equipment, including UV disinfecting units and electrostatic sprayers.
- View ACCD’s Client Resource and Safety Action Plan by clicking the link to see what makes the Austin Convention Center a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star accredited facility. We appreciate your commitment to keeping us all safe and healthy!