Skip to main content
Walks, Ramps, and Entrances
- Ramps and handrails are spread throughout our facility.
- Ramps provide a gradual incline accommodating wheelchairs and scooters.
- Automatic doors, requiring a simple push of the button, are available at select locations around the facility.
- Service animals are welcome inside our venue.
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Animals or pets that are not service animals are not allowed without prior written approval from the Austin Convention Center.
- All four levels within our facility can be accessed via our elevators.
- Each elevator has a bumper safety system.
- Major buttons in the elevator are readable in Raised Braille.
- You can reach all buttons from a wheelchair or scooter.
- Motion-enabled faucets and soap dispensers are installed in every restroom.
- Each restroom has an oversize stall equipped with grab bars.
- Mothers rooms and nursing pods are available throughout our venue.
- Our mothers rooms are loaded with a changing station, sofa, and cooler.
- Nursing mothers are given private, secure areas with comfortable furnishings.
- Raised Braille is present on the signage for all our mothers rooms.
Pre-function, Meeting rooms, Ballrooms, and Exhibit Halls
- Doorways are wide enough for scooters and wheelchairs to enter all meeting rooms, ballrooms, and exhibit halls.
- Throughout our venue, the floor is level and has no slippery surfaces.
- We prominently display directional signage throughout our facility.
- Scooter rentals are stationed at the Business Center on Level 1.
- You can rent the scooters onsite on a first come, first served basis.
- Our scooter rentals can move throughout the venue with ease.
- Motorized Mobility Devices may be used by people with mobility impairments subject to reasonable safety restrictions.