Austin Convention Center’s High Tech Capabilities Create a Perfect Technology Partner For SXSW 2011
March, 2011. Austin, Texas – The Austin Convention Center, one of the most technologically advanced convention centers in the country, is once again a Technology Partner for SXSW 2011 (www.sxsw.com), March 11-20. The internationally-known South by Southwest (SXSW) includes three separate events – SXSW Music and Media Conference, SXSW Film Conference and Festival, and SXSW Interactive Festival. SXSW 2011, which injects about $100 million into the Austin economy, is expected to attract close to 200,000 visitors to the city and 17,000 attendees to the convention center.
The Austin Convention Center entered into a partnership with SXSW 2011 as a result of the facility’s advanced and sophisticated technology capabilities, which include:
- Proven track record of handling nearly 6,000 simultaneous connections at SXSW 2010.
- Deployed 40+ additional Wi-Fi access points to improve access.
- Worked with AT&T and T-Mobile to deploy in-building antenna systems (special cellular antenna systems, distributed antenna systems) to improve wireless phone services.
- Provides complimentary high-speed, high density wireless services throughout the building, featuring the latest technologies.
- Features robust, scalable network infrastructure with multiple high speed internet connections.
- On-site engineers ready to design, install, monitor and support clients’ networking needs.
The SXSW Conferences and Festivals offer the unique coming together of original music, independent films and emerging technologies. Year after year, the event proves to be a launching pad for new creative content.
The SXSW Interactive Festival, March 11-15, brings together the world’s most creative web developers, designers, bloggers, wireless innovators, content producers, programmers, widget inventors and new Media entrepreneurs. The SXSW Film Conference and Festival, March 11-19, explores all aspects of the art and business of independent film making.
In its 25th year, the SXSW Music and Media Conference, scheduled March 16-20, is the music festival that has become a staple event in the music industry calendar. The SXSW Music and Media Conference is a legendary festival showcasing hundreds of musical acts from around the world on over 80 stages in the Austin downtown area. By day, the convention center comes alive with a business trade show and informative panel discussions featuring speakers of international stature.
For more information, contact:
Terri McBride, ACCD Public Information Officer/Media Relations
512.404.4020 or email@example.com