Where is the Austin Convention Center?
- Located on six city blocks in the heart of Austin’s downtown business district alongside Waller Creek.
- Two blocks from IH 35, the Center’s boundaries are the streets Red River, East Cesar Chavez, Trinity and East 4th.
How big are the Exhibit Halls?
- 5 contiguous Exhibit Halls have 246,097 sq. ft. of column-free space
- 1,289 10’ X 10’ exhibit booths can be accommodated
How big is the Austin Convention Center?
- 881,400 gross square feet and covers six city blocks
What is the total meeting space?
- 370,967 square feet includes 5 Exhibit Halls, 7 ballrooms, and 54 meeting rooms
How many ballrooms are there?
- 7 ballrooms, ranging in size from 23,418 to one of the largest in Texas at 43,300 sq. ft.
How much meeting space is there?
- 54 meeting rooms and show offices with 58,152 square feet
What are some of the building’s High Tech Features?
- Rated one of the most technologically-advanced convention centers in the country, this gigabit-rated facility moves voice, video and data at more than one-billion bits per second.
- In-house services include complimentary wireless Internet access, high-speed Internet2 access, plug-and-play capabilities and on-site technical staff.
What is the location and hours of operation for the two Parking Garages?
- 2nd Street Garage: The 10-story, 1,000-space garage is located at 201 East 2nd Street, 2 blocks west of facility, between Cesar Chavez and 2nd Street. Entrances are on Brazos and San Jacinto streets.
- 5th Street Garage: The 5-story, 685-space garage is located at 601 East 5th Street, northeast of the facility at Red River and 4th Street, with the entrance on 5th Street.
- Hours of Operation:
Sun. – Thurs: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Fri. & Sat: 6:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
How far is the airport?
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is 8 miles from the facility.
How many hotel rooms are nearby?
- There are nearly 30,000 hotel rooms available citywide, 6,000 of which are located in the downtown area.
- The 800-room Hilton Austin is just across the street on 4th Street.
What are some nearby attractions?
Daytime Attractions: Texas State Capitol Complex, Texas Governor’s Mansion, University of Texas, LBJ Presidential Library, more than 20 museums including the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, Umlauf Sculpture Gardens and the Zilker Botanical Gardens, dozens of art galleries including The Blanton Museum of Art, Lady Bird Lake, Lake Travis, Barton Springs and hike and bike trails along Lady Bird Lake.
Nighttime Activities: In a city where the music never stops, live music plays at more than 100 venues on any given night. The largest concentration of venues is found downtown in the Warehouse District and along Sixth Street, a six-block stretch of bars and restaurants.
What is the contact information?
Physical Address: 500 E. Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX 78701
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767-8838
Phone: (512) 404-4000; Fax: (512) 404-4416