The Austin Convention Center is 881,400 gross square feet and covers six city blocks.
The five contiguous Exhibit Halls have 247,052 sq. ft. of column-free space, 54 meeting rooms and show offices with 58,152 square feet, and seven ballrooms, including one with 40,510 sq. ft.
Located on six city blocks in the heart of Austin’s downtown business district alongside Waller Creek. Two blocks from IH 35, the Center’s boundaries are the streets Red River,
East Cesar Chavez, Trinity and East 4th.
Location: 500 East Cesar Chavez Street (1st St.), Austin, TX 78701
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767-8838
Phone: (512) 404-4000 Fax: (512) 404-4416
Current Total Area
881,400 gross sq. ft. and 369,132 total sq. ft. of exhibit and meeting space
- 5 Exhibit Halls: 247,052 sq. ft.
- Upper Level Ballrooms (North): 40,510 sq. ft.
- Lower Level Ballrooms (South): 23,418 sq. ft.
- 54 Meeting Rooms & Show Offices: 58,152 sq. ft.
- Parking / Two Convention Center Parking Garages
Parking / Two Convention Center Parking Garages
- 10-story, 1,000-space garage located 2 blocks west of facility, at 201 East 2nd Street. Entrances on Brazos and San Jacinto streets.
- 5-story, 685-space garage located at 601 East 5th Street, northeast of the facility at Red River and 4th Street. Entrance on 5th Street.
- Five column-free halls totaling 247,052 sq. ft., with separate entrances
- Pre-function areas surround the Exhibit Halls and Ballrooms
- 1,289 10’ X 10’ exhibit booths
- Ceiling height: 31’
- Retractable Risers with seating for 1,500 available for Exhibit Hall 5
- Lower Level Ballrooms A-C: 23,418 sq. ft.: 2,291 theatre; 1,644 banquet
- Upper Level Ballrooms D-G: 40,510 sq. ft.: 3,940 theatre; 3,084 banquet
- 54 meeting rooms and show offices with 58,152 sq. ft. can handle 10 to 831
- Austin Suite, a 1,462 sq. ft. executive board room, on Level 3
High Tech Features
Pre-wired during construction, the Center is a gigabit rated building. It is one of the most technologically advanced convention centers in the country, with state-of-the-art communication and utility services.
Refer to the Center’s High Tech Fact Sheet for more details.
Austin Convention Center Department | P.O. Box 1088, Austin Texas 78767-8838 | www.austinconventioncenter.com | (512) 404-4000 tel | (512) 404-4416 fax
Austin Convention Center Catering, the Center’s food and beverage management division, is an exclusive service offering premier food and beverage preparation. The Center also boasts of two fully-equipped kitchens. (512) 404-4100.
24-hour on-site security is handled by the department. (512) 404-4111.
In the Exhibit Halls, utility floor boxes are located on 30-ft. centers. Utility distribution through the floor box system is designed to provide utility access to every exhibitor without crossing an aisle way. Service provided by the Center.
- Utility Boxes: Utility boxes are equipped with telephone service, fiber-optic capabilities, data communications, satellite down-link capabilities, 4 separate cable TV cabling systems, 120-, 208-, and 480-volt electrical currents, water and drainage, and compressed air. Natural gas is available on the east wall.
• Exhibit Hall Floor Load: 350 pounds per sq. ft.
• Loading Docks: 17 docks with levelers; 2 docks with scissor lifts
• Dock height: 4 ft. with adjustable dock levelers
• Easy access to IH 35. Centralized service corridors
• Ramp Access: 3 access ramps provide direct entry into Exhibit Halls
- Public entrances off East Cesar Chavez, Trinity and East 4th Street
- 7 Public Elevators, one off each entrance
- 3 Freight Elevators, with 5,000, 7,000, or 12,000 pound limit
- 4 Sets of Escalators, located on Trinity, Cesar Chavez, and 4th Street sides
- 8 Public Stairways accessing all building levels
- Handicapped Accessibility: Meets state ADA compliance
Austin Convention Center Department Management Team
Mark Tester – Director
Paul Barnes – Assistant Director
Carla Steffen – Assistant Director – Finance Operations
Michele Gizelbach, Chief Financial Manager
Al Eells, Security and Safety Manager
Amy K. Harris, Director of Sales
Alycia Sparkman, Exhibitor Services Manager
Trisha Tatro, Event Services Manager
Terri McBride, Public Information and Marketing Manager
Debbie Gossett, IT Services Manager
Van Jobe, Manager - Guest Services and Purchasing
Hays Thompson, Manager - Parking Services
Brian Duff, Manager - Human Resources
Other Helpful Numbers
Palmer Events Center, (512) 404-4500
900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704
Austin Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, (512) 474-5171 (800) 926-ACVB
301 Congress Avenue, Ste #200, Austin, TX 78701
Updated January, 2015